Tuesday, March 14

Booh on Internet in BA

So it has been a week or so since my last post. I haven't written because I have been busy/lazy. I wrote this yesterday (monday) but the internet here has been haywire so I couldn't post it. So here is a quick recap of last week:
  • Monday: Sunburned to the MAX. I was so sunburned in the weirdest places. Like on my wrists and behind my knees...places you don’t normally think to put sunscreen! It was so painful I could barely climb the stairs. For clase we went to the "casa rosada" as you might have seen in the pictures. It is pretty much their version of the Whitehouse except the president doesn't live there.
  • Tuesday: Took a written Spanish exam to place us in the right Spanish class. Ended up doing pretty well because I placed into Spanish 4 and there are only 5!
  • Wednesday: Same thing, Spanish exam but this one was oral.
  • Thursday: Planned our school schedules and walked around town. Went to a cool sports bar with Mia and Sean.
  • Friday: We went to an estancia which is sort of like a farm/mansion. It was really neat. The actual estancia was like a castle, I will post pictures. They had a swimming pool, a soccer field, large eating hall, and guess what...a polo field! We actually got to see people playing real Polo, with horses and all! Now the logos on Polo shirts have much greater significance...that must be the hardest game ever! We lay by the pool most of the day and hung out with the other IES kids. Siesta then dinner which was AMAZING. They had some great wine and like a 5 course dinner. Salad, bread, different meats, salchicha (which was to die for), and desert of the most amazing ice cream I have ever put in my mouth. In general, probably the best meal I have had since I have been here. We sat at a table with Mia, Sean, Drew, and then Patrick and Katherine who are our new amigos from UT (Texas). We definitely had the best table and great conversation and lots of laughs! Overall, the estancia kicked butt.
  • Saturday: Took a grande siesta and got some rest from the fun night before at the estancia. Por la noche I met up with Mia, Sean, and Kathleen who is in from Oxford for spring break. We went to eat at Maria Felix, a really good (comparatively) Mexican food restaurant. After dinner (which lasted like 3 hours, we are getting the hang of the Argentina thing :)) we went bar hopping around the village. We met an American couple from Scottsdale who were on their 5th wedding anniversary. They were so nice and it was lots of fun!
  • Sunday: Slept till noon because we had been out till like 3 the night before. After that I met up with my friend from Texas, Katherine, and we went to Plaza Serrano in Palermo. It was this HUGE outdoor market with jewelry, art, clothes, etc. It was so fun! I bought two new outfits for fewer than 25 dollars! It was incredible. I got a cute kind of flowy skirt (which are SO in here) and a green cap sleeved dress with a necklace to match. I'll post pics...I promise they are so cute!

Today was the first day of school. I will post my schedule once I am sure of it. I had Spanish class from 11-1 then Latin American Theater from 1-2:30. After that I decided to stay for a class that I am not signed up for but ended up being really interesting. (And the professor is pretty easy on the eyes too haha, not as handsome as you though Michael) I might switch one of my classes so I can take that one. But that means I would be in class straight from 11-4 which might not be fun. No lunch break. At 6:30 I am going to go to the class I was planning on taking and see if I want to switch or not. We'll see. I just don't like the idea of going to class from 6:30-8:00. And on top of that it isn't MW its M-Thurs so I would be in class late on Thurs. I officially won't have class Friday so I am pretty pumped up about that.

Right now I want to thank all of you who have been posting comments...I finally figured out how to make them show up. I will try and respond to y'all ASAP! Also, those of you who have been sending me recaps of my fav TV shows aka Grey's, The Bachelor, Desperate Housewives, etc. THANK YOU a lot! It is so nice to get a taste of TV...I am def. going through withdrawals without television.

Today when I go home I don't think I'll have hot water for the next two days. They are doing some maintenance or something. Maybe I can go shower at Kathleen's hotel room. Hmmm we'll see. Wednesday the guy is coming to install the internet at my casa. YAY!!! No more sitting in the window with my computer! Hopefully I will blog more now that I won't have to reach so far for the keys!
K well I am muy hungry because I haven't had lunch but I will definably write more later. I will also get my schedule up here as soon as I can. I hope all is well at home and I love getting all of your emails even if I am not prompt at responding to all of them! Love you all and miss you...Ciao

No comments: