Friday, March 17

La gripe

So my third week here and I'm sick. Yuck. I have a bad cough, runny nose, and just plain don't feel well. Ugh. Basically just a cold, which are totally no fun. I was thinking, whenever we say "oh its just a cold" it really underestimates the severity of the actual symptoms. Having "just a cold" absolutely sucks. Having just a cold means you feel like crap but there is nothing you can do about it but take over the counter medicine because there really is no cure. Here the word they use is having the "gripe," doesnt that sound much worse than "just a cold"? I think I like their word much better, it seems so much more imiment and severe.

So today has been rainy and cold and I have spend all day in bed watching movies/sleeping. I actually feel a little better, but all Ive had to eat is corn flakes so I'm a little hungry. At 6 I did get up and have tea with my madre which really soothed my throat for a while. I'm going to have to try that again soon.

Tonight I am going out to eat with Drew, Ben Quilter, and Ruth. Ruth is our study abroad advisor who is in BA to check out the different programs for study abroad and whatnot. Ben is studying in Chile this semester and is in the BA for the weekend. It should be fun, I am looking forward to getting out of the house.

I am wearing my new green dress, which I still haven't put pics up of yet. I decided to be very un-me and very argentine and wear jeans under the dress. It actually doesn't look horrible. Heres to me going out on a limb haha. Write more later...

No comments: