Thursday, May 18

Word of the Day: Pensive

Woke up...it was still dark. And not because it was the middle of the night or early morning...do you really think I've ever woken up before sunrise? Rainy morning, hence the darkness, but it was so fabulous. I fell back to sleep just because I could..and because I sleep so wonderfully in the rain.

About 11 I decided to get up and be productive. Well not really productive...but to start the day and not just lie around in bed. I am still pondering this whole blog re-design. Hence the Pensive nature of this day. When I get fixed on a new project it is very hard for me to think about anything else. For the life of me I cannot come up with a witty title for my blog. Song title...quote...original creation...oh the choices! Of course, I want it to sound like something I just came up with off the top of my head and was just naturally fabulous, witty, and perfect. However, being the perfectionist I am, I have to make an Excel file of adjectives, suggestions, and ideas before I can decide. While I truly like all the names I have come up with on the Excel document I still for some reason think there is a title out there that is 10 times better than any of those and that will go perfectly. If anyone has any great ideas please email me or post them on comments. I could really use the help.

And remember, a title to the blog is just the start. Then I have to find an appropriate color scheme and corresponding fonts. Oh the agony of being a perfectionist/computer geek.

So sitting in IES and just joined a convo about DaVinci code movie. Comes out today...well in BA it does. You know on the movie previews on TV it says "Opening May 18 in select cities"...well finally for once in my life I am living in one of those "select cities." I guess Georgetown, Texas (well if you want to be totally correct about it you would say Pflugerville) just doesn't make the list.

I have been a very bad Soap watcher this week. I am so behind on the happening of Landview. (Town in which One Life to Live is set) So there I reveal another weakness...ABC soaps. Really, I only really keep up with OLTL but All My Children comes in a close second). I blame Kayln, my freshman year roommate, for this vice. I originally only started watching AMC because it has a character named Kendall...can you think of a better reason to watch a show? But it eventually spread to OLTL and General Hospital. Now OLTL has captured my attention and is the only one I really follow. I think I partly like it because it is geared at the "latino" demographic. There is a whole family from Puerto Rico and sometimes they speak in spanish. I know spanish so that makes it fun.

Another thought on my mind today has been about doors. Doors...I know, really weird but hang in there. Have you ever noticed when you walk into a store you always seem to push when it says pull and pull when it says push? Well I do...constantly. Since I have come to BA I have noticed that I rarely have this problem. I conciensly read the sign and push or pull accordingly. I have deduced that because the word is in another language that I take more notice and subconciensly translate it...making me perform the correct action. Well I guess that is one theory. The other could be that I dont want to look like a complete idiot in this city where I already stand out as an American and so I take special care to do the write thing so I don't look stupid. I guess it could be either...take your pick.

Okay so that is enough thinking and writing for today. Hopefully now that I have my thoughts down "on paper" I hope I can actually get something done. Remember...let me know about a good blog title.

No comments: